Pages

Friday, December 25, 2015

Critical Eleven - Ika Natassa

What is critical eleven?
It is a novel written by Ika Natassa.
It takes concept from a flight, which is critical eleven that consist of three minutes after take off and eight minutes before landing. It is the most vulnerable situation at flight that almost 80% accidents happen in this situation. So, then pilot and co-pilot must fully concentrate at this eleven minutes. This critical evelen's concept inspired Ika Natassa to write the meeting of two human beings, Tanya and Risjad.

Tanya (woman) and Risjad (man) met on a plane where Tanya's seat was beside Risjad's. They were attracted to each other at the first sight. Then, Tanya accidentally placed her head on Risjad's shoulder when she fell asleep. And their conversation was begun, with their 'ackward' start. They found their chemistry at the beginning of three minutes like the beginning of tree minutes in critical eleven of flight. If in a short conversation, the beginning of three minutes is succeed, then the ending that consists of eight minutes is the most important part to make a short conversation memorable and pleasant. Yup, that was Tanya's thought and she felt she kindly wanted to find a good way to end their conversation. But, who would guess that Risjad would ask her phone number? It was a bonus for her. And their relationship grew and grew when they frequently made rendezvous and chatted each other. And they decided to get married. However, marriage was the perfect time when the conflict raising, right? And, yup, problem also came to their household. What is that? You can find out after you read this story.

Okay, then, what did I feel about this book?
Hmmm, this book's story is sad. I dropped tears when Tanya eventually tried to conquer her fears and accepted the hurting fact. Ika Natassa successfully affected my emotion. But, I thought I had a very big 'WhY'. Why they (Tanya and Risjad) didn't just share their feeling and their thought each other when it happened? At least, they could say sorry to end the conflict immediately. But, why they had to long their quiet situation? It made me kind of stifling hot while reading this story. Because I thought 'silence' wouldn't solve problems. They must talk in a warm and calm heart to have each other again. Yeah, I know, every person has their own character and own thought to react to their problem according to their background and to what kind of person they are facing to. And, after I thought again, I would also be silent if I had problem with my father. But, I will share my feeling and what is inside my mind with my boyfriend.

I love the plot of this story, clear in explaining both side of Tanya dan Risjad, and also the changing time, when Ika Natassa wrote the flashback story, is also smooth.

And, that's it my review and opinion about 'Critical Eleven'. Hope you like it. Thank you 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment